Friday, July 20, 2012

We Made it to Another Friday!

So how about a list?

  • BooBoo has officially slept all night 3 nights in a row!  I am so happy about this.  My boobs still are not.
  • By the way, have you seen her new digs?  Yea, she sleeps in our closet.  My friend told me she might be starting to feel like Harry Potter, so I'm considering reading the books ten years too late.
  •  So, I tried this recipe a few weeks ago, and ended up a little disappointed.  You could use the term "recipe" loosely, since it's pretty much the simplest thing in the world.  I got it from Chelsea, who got it from Molly, who got it from Chef Boyardee, so it's legit.  The first time I made it I used real shredded Parmesan, and it ended up weird and clumpy.  Last night I used the weird powdered parmesan that Dave likes, and it turned out just right.  This is the perfect easy meal for us to have laying around as a snack (for Dave) or meal (for me).  I don't necessarily believe that something needs meat to qualify as a meal, but alas, I am not a man.
  • I finally decided to start thinking about losing the baby weight.  With Piper, I gained 40 pounds, lost 20 in two weeks with no effort, and am sporting the other 20 as we speak.  I joined myfitnesspal.com to track my food and exercise.  It's been a full week now, and I was doing pretty well until the perfect storm hit yesterday.  I cracked and got a milkshake at Chicfila and planned on just having a snack or smoothie for dinner with my last 300 calories.  Then, my stinkin sister came over with two pizzas and tiramisu!  When I fail, I like to fail big, so I was 800 calories over my goal for the day.  Awesome.
  • Good thing we got this chair and toy for the new baby:   
  • I promise I almost always put clothes on my kids before we leave the house. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the boob thing!! It sucks when baby sleeps but you have to wake up and pump or wake baby up to feed or you fall over from the sheer weight of your boobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you log your activity (i.e. folding laundry, washing dishes, pushing a stroller, etc), you will EARN calories, which may prevent you from "fail[ing] big".

    ReplyDelete