Saturday, December 22, 2012

Myla's 2nd Birthday Party

     I am so not the awesome party-throwing mom.  I kept going back and forth on whether to have a big family party for Myla since her birthday is smack-dab between Christmas and Thanksgiving (i.e. we already have big gatherings, and it's just a busy season).
     My brilliant mom informed me, "Katy, her birthday is going to be on December 8th every year."  Oh, right.  Deal with it.
     We threw around a couple of ideas and ended up with the perfect little low-key event: a trip to the park and some presents/grub at Kris and Al's house.  I felt a little twinge of mama guilt when we walked in and Kristen had put up cute Minnie Mouse decorations everywhere!  Myles loved it.  Naturally, I stole all these photos from PawPaw.

 Piper, riding in style.



 Aunt Kristen was recruited for some team sliding.
 I guess it was more tiring than she remembered. :)
 Myla has never seen the world from quite this high.
 Sitting up is hard!
 A brief moment of sharing the birthday girl's chair...

 The menu included the birthday girl's favorite things: Mac-n-cheese and bread.
 She now wants to blow out every candle everywhere.


I would say she had a good time, and she's pretty obsessed with that Minnie Mouse chair.  See?

No comments:

Post a Comment