(It pretty much just looks like a van).
A lot of you people with 2+ kids have gone through the thought process we did. You know, something like this:
"I'm just more of an SUV person."
"I'm not ready to cave and be a soccer mom yet!"
"I would really prefer a V8."
"How will I feel driving to happy hour/high school reunion/go on a date in a van?!"
But, we couldn't get around this fact: for many reasons, the minivan is the perfect vehicle for our family right now. [And I can drive something really cool when I'm a young empty nester, right?] There was a small part of me that actually thought that I was having to swallow my pride a little bit to buy a minivan. But guess what, Katy? There are people with real stuff going on in their lives. There are people who are ill, people who can't find a job, and people on the brink of losing their homes. Any pride I had was misplaced. The fact that Dave and I were able to earn money, save money, and purchase a minivan is only a testament of God's provision for our family. Take that, Katy's pride! Thank you, Lord, for blessings like this one.
Now if you need me, I'll be in the van watching a dvd and hiding from the kids.
We love our van and it was the perfect choice since we added a third kid and may want to add a fourth in the future and it will fit em all!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. I too ponder on some of my meager complaints or issues and go, "you know what, i have it good"
ReplyDeleteWay to go Katy. Now go hide from those kids.