Monday, July 15, 2013

Behind the Times: Mother's Day 2013

Remember how Mother's Day happened a few months ago?  Yea, that was one of those posts that I never wrote, probably because I was too busy watching the West Wing or something...

I am not sure if you have met my mother, but there are two important things you should know about her: 1) She's awesome. 2) Buying gifts for her is horrible.  She can't help it-- she's the girl who has everything!

So, Kristen and I spent some time trying to figure out what to do for her this Mother's day.  We decided that she enjoys experiences more than objects, so we planned the experience of a lifetime an afternoon of fun.  We kicked off the day with some bowling, followed by Chinese food....followed by fro-yo.  Yes, 66% of our outing centered around food.  What of it??

 "See that?  That's the butt I fell in love with." -- Jon Kemp
 
 Nana and Myla
 
 Mel had to come along to restrain Piper.
 
 Notice my form-- this could be why I received the lowest score of the family...
 
 The restraining is easier when food is available.
 
 Longhorn stud.
 
 Wait, did I say only 66% of our outing involved food?  Make that 100%.  Bowling is exhausting!
 
 Myla finally tried her hand at bowling while wearing her princess shoes.  Thanks for the hand-me-downs, Lindsay!
 
 I have never seen her more proud of herself.


 My brother from another mother.
 
 Mom and dad, cupping a ball.  I cut Dad's head off, because I'm a terrible photog.  Awkward family photo alert!
 
 Kristen killin' it.
 

 
 Love birds.
 
 Too cool for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment