Monday, August 26, 2013

Rooty Tooty Fresh-n-Fruity

     Unfortunately, Piper Joy is making her way to the picky eating stage (as evidenced by her picking green peas out of rice, yelling "no!" and placing them on the table).  I am hoping it never gets quite as bad as Myla's food aversions, though.  One thing is for sure-- she hasn't met a fruit she doesn't like.
 
     Before I had kids, I was a really good mom.  I told myself that I would never let my kids wander around the house while snacking.  Food is to be eaten at a table.  We aren't animals!  As it turns out, we actually are animals.  Piper can be a little disagreeable at times, and she seems to put a cork in it when we give her some grub.  Thus was born the wandering peach-eater: 
 
You just have to get her started with the first bite, and she's good to go for a half hour!
 Watching shows, snacking on a peach.
 Five second rule!
 It's the perfect traveling snack.  You know, if you ignore the part about the juices running all over your child and your home.

 In case you're wondering, yes, I did trim her bangs shortly after this.  Now she's all business in the front, party in the back.



I have never seen a person as passionate about watermelon as my husband until I met my daughter.  We have probably been through 15 watermelons this summer.  I literally watched my daughter gag up a little piece of watermelon from lunch (30 minutes prior) while we were grocery shopping and proceed to eat it again....
 
(Does that count as a five-second rule?)
 









Happy end of watermelon season!  Dave is now looking forward to apple pie season, so I guess you'll be seeing my thunder pie-thighs at the gym this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment