Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas 2013: An Awkward Family Photo Series

     Now that it's February, it seems totally appropriate to relive Christmas memories.  Like we do every year, we took a trip to Fort Worth to see the Kemp side of the family.  The last few years have been fun with little ones around again.

     What's a trip with cousins without some good, old-fashioned Ring Around the Rosies?


 Talk about "rosies."


     After this, I decided to do a photo shoot with the little tykes.






The following is a series that I like to call: Reasons Why I am NOT a Photographer
Exhibit A:


 Sometimes I make them kiss because the awkwardness is so cute.

This is the series I like to call: Reasons Why I Should Give up on Trying to Take a Good Husband/Wife Picture at Least Once per Year

(Alternately titled: I Should Have Realized my Sweater looks See-Through in Photos)

Does this shot single-handedly negate the coolness we achieved by skydiving?

This series is called: Reasons Why we Shouldn't Attempt a Family Photo for at least Ten More Years
 Check out the awkward twins on the left.




 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Someone more experienced than I clearly got this shot: 
 Ceremonial back view.  What, your family doesn't do this every year?  Weird.
 Cousin time!
 Kristen and I had to remind my dad that even though we are now old farts, we still are part of the cousin generation!  Success.  (And by "success," I mean, "Somebody had to help Kristen get up after this.")

 My aunt is sweet enough to throw a birthday party for the twin cousins every year.

"You ruined my birthday!" Weston told Garrett when he dropped the cupcake.  Needless to say, Garrett won't be invited back next year.  Brothers shmuthers.




No comments:

Post a Comment