Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Day of Birth and Other Happenings

So, I officially turned 24.  There has been so much Hoopla with the wedding and everything that it was nice to have a chillaxed dinner with my family and friends at Live Oak Grill where the Kemps seem to eat weekly.  Call us boring, because we are.  AND, we like it!

Two people gave me tulips!  My husband brought me some on Thursday just because, and my sis gave me some for my birthday.  Sweet.

My wonderful aunt Ann gave us some money specifically to buy some glass in Venice.  They have the most beautiful, elaborate glass art there and in Murano, but since I have boring taste, I picked out this lovely black vase. 

Davers had the bright idea to take some of the yellow tulips and jam them in the soil with the reds.  It only took my 23.5 years to figure out that there is a flower I like.  They're just pretty, people.

On to more important things: I cooked dinner.  Kris and Jacob came over to eat with us.  I mean, I throw together some kind of dinner almost every day, but I actually tried to make this: http://southernfood.about.com/od/porktenderloin/r/r90909a.htm.  To find this recipe, I did what I usually do and googled "Easy ____ Recipes" and found the one that looked the easiest with ingredients we already have.  It was actually pretty simple, except I had to cook the pork twice as long as it says or serve it raw...and we don't really eat pork sashimi around here.  Since I'm lazy and was so focused on the pork, we ate salad and bread as sides.   Also, I continue to amaze myself with the clumsy things I manage to do while trying to cook.  I'm sometimes really relieved that no one is around to see them.  While being negligent, I let the maple syrup and mustard sauce ooze all over the entire microwave tray.  Since he's awesome, Dave still cleaned it up along with ALL the dishes.  Also, when trying to pull out one foot of aluminum foil, I somehow dropped (launched?) the whole roll across the island and into the dining room causing approximately 10 feet of foil to unroll all over the floor.  I awkwardly tried to roll some of it back, then crumbled up a huge foil ball and threw it away hoping Dave wouldn't see it and ask me about it.... Whoops.

Lastly, Penny Lane is still being keeping busy and being a goober.  Most of the time she's doing things like this:

Keepin it clean.

Occasionally, she decides to kiss me then try and take a nap on top of me like so:



It really makes it easy to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh katy, you are adorable- I shall blogstalk you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo howzabout that job op at CHIGH? you were just waiting for me to ask...

    ReplyDelete