My prince already came, so now I need to figure out my career. If you know me, you know I've had about 4,587 career goals since graduating. I strongly believe there are two groups of people who graduate from college: those who go on to real jobs or graduate school, and those who wander around here and there for a while looking for the next step. Guess which group I'm in? Actually, I wouldn't trade it for anything, because I got to meet so many great people in my random jobs AND go to the Dominican Republic. These are things I never would have had the chance to do had I buckled down and become a grownup.
Anyway, I finally decided what to do with myself. I'm going to be a teacher! I know...big surprise. For some reason, I avoided the teaching profession because it seemed cliche. That doesn't make any sense, I know.
I applied to an alternative certification program and was accepted! Hopefully, by the end of the whole process, I will be certified to teach EC-6 bilingual and Spanish to all grades. This means I need to pass my Spanish content exams! Estoy un poco nerviosa. Please be praying for that.
When all is said and done, I should be working on my first-year teaching internship by August! Yipee! Until then, I'm doing some babysitting and such... It's all very exciting. Now, if none of this works out and I fail everything, please don't refer me back to this post where I pronounced to the world (or my 3 readers) my job goals. K thanks!
You are the only one surprised you are going to be a teacher...your Mom always knew you would be.
ReplyDeleteAhhh! Teaching is so hard! but also, fun. Kids say funny things, and you'll like it. Hooray for a life plan (or plan-ish)
ReplyDelete