Saturday, October 16, 2010

Life as We Know it

We finally had to go to James Avery to get a cheap fat ring for me.  My wedding and engagement rings are size 6.  We just bought a size 8 today!  Scary.  I know I should just suck it up and go ringless for a while, but I don't want to look like a teen mom.  So sue me.  No, don't.  That's...the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.

(The Office, anyone?  Remember???)

I think the kid is already on her own feeding schedule, and she isn't even here yet!  It is definitely either a feeding schedule or a dance party schedule, because it gets a little crazy in there.  I just think it would be a lot more convenient for me if she adopted my sleep schedule at least until she is born.  And having kids is supposed to be convenient, right?

To close, these are a couple of real conversations from the past few days:

Dave: What is that condition called where you're not just big-boned or obese, but everything is just larger    than everyone else?
Katy: I think it's called elephantitis.  I'm thinking Abraham Lincoln had it or something.
Dave: Oh.  I thought it was called gigantorism.
(I'm lucky I didn't pee on myself from laughing).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave: You need to clean out your sink. (Pause).  I shouldn't have to tell you that.
Katy: But I like it better when you do it.  I shouldn't have to tell you that!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katy... Abraham Lincoln had Marfan's syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. katy i love the idea of waiting till the little baby is born to pick out her name. wanted to let you know, that i learned in anatomy and physiology when all features appear larger than normal but you are not obese, it is called gigantism. hah i am not to sure what yall were talking about but i think that might be the right condition. i love you very much and am glad i can keep up with you online. i am proud of you.:)

    your lil coz, Erin watassek

    ReplyDelete