So... things have been pretty much the same. I have my first baby shower this weekend which is totally freaking me out. When they seemed far off, the baby seemed far off too, so I had time to process. Now, it's coming so quickly and it's scary!
We got a new "baby monitor." Actually, it's some kind of security camera. I think it has a lot of cool features or something. I don't know-- Dave picked it out. Anyway, it's currently being used as a Livingston dog monitor during the day. Apparently, Dave checks on the kids to make sure they stay out of trouble. And if they do act up, he can use the fancy two-way voice feature to yell at them! (We probably won't use the yelling feature with the baby).
Anyway, not much to say, so here are some real convos from the recent past:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey, did you end up getting the new vacuum belt?
Dave: No, but I just pulled about a pound of blonde hair out of the wheel, and it's working better now.
(whoops)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Dave is having "guys' night" tonight, so I don't have to feed him dinner. These are in reference to the occasion:
Me: So, what are you guys doing for guys' night?
Dave: Playing poker,getting whores... (Pause). Call of Duty.
Me: Oh, ok have fun.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*On guy's night:
Me, over the phone: Dave can I go to Whataburger for dinner?
Dave: Sure, why would I care if you went to Whataburger?
Me: Because I don't know if I have any money. (A.k.a. "going out to eat" money)
Dave: Oh, well maybe you should check on that before you go.
Me: I don't have any money, but I have the card. But I really want to go!
Dave: Well I think I can't argue with a pregnant woman.
Me: Thanks! I won't do it again. Without money, I mean.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And have I mentioned I love student teaching? Strange coincidence, but there is a boy in my class who we can just call Jimmy. Jimmy's mom is my OB. It should probably be more awkward than it seems to me right now, but oh well.
This happened today:
Jimmy: Since when do you drink coffee?
Me: Um, I don't know. Don't tell your mom.
Busted.
So once I'm done changing the filter in your car we need to replace the blogging filter too, apparently its broken some how whores got through instead of chicks.
ReplyDelete