Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Cute Baby and A Smooth Criminal

You know how every parent thinks their baby is the cutest baby in the world, and you think to yourself, "I'm not going to be one of those people."  But as it turns out, our baby is the cutest baby in the world, so we couldn't really help thinking that way!

See for yourself:
 Myla likes to be nekkid.

 Check out how hilariously huge her bottom looks in this cloth diaper.  (We are part-time, at-home cloth users). 

 Who doesn't love a good sleep sack?

Sunday nap while Dave bakes.  He made that cake/pie for my birthday!  Also, he won't eat it because "he knows what's in it," so I'm averaging about two pieces a day by myself.  So much for losing the last 15 pregnancy pounds.  I may need to look into lipo.

We made this video to send to Dave's mom, but hey, smiling babies should be shared with the world.  Feel free not judge my awkward camera voice.  Focus on the kid.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now for the smooth criminal.  It's actually Penny Lane Livingston, and if you know her, you know she is not so smooth.  Due to the beautiful weather, Penny has gotten to spend a lot of time outside whenever I need to go on an outing and leave the dogs home alone.  She loves being outside.  On the especially yucky days, though we have to put her back in the dreaded crate.  Lately, Penny has been doing everything in her power to break out of this thing.  It used to not be an issue, but after she experienced a few months of freedom, she has rebelled against the box.  Dave and I left for church one morning and came back to this:


 I'm not sure if you can tell at first glance, but the door to the crate is actually up at the front of the picture.  Thus, our beloved dog managed to bust out the back wall of the box to escape.  Dave made her sit next to it for the picture.  You can tell she knows she is in trouble...

Why the long face?

As usual, Penny seemed to pick something random to chew.  That green blanket is a "dog blanket," so no harm done there.  The only thing she found to destroy was a nursing pad fresh out of the laundry...  What a weirdo.

2 comments:

  1. The summer I lived with my uncle his Weimaraner (the one that ate the couch) chewed up 2 of my toothbrushes and if I didn't close the door to my room he'd run in and grab whatever he could find lol they stay puppies their whole lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool that you're using cloth! We are at-home cloth diaper users, too! Let me know if you want any tips.

    ReplyDelete