Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Can't Think of a Title...

All of my thoughts are pretty random and incoherent, so it's back to the bullet system.  (I have always secretly liked note-taking and outlining, and it always really bothered me in class when a teacher went off on a tangent that messed up my organizational method).

-  I guess that was a tangent in itself.  Whoops.

-  At the end of February, I Myla and I are going to start spending the day with this little cutie.  This picture is already old, so his cheeks are three times that size now!  This is my little cuz "Mo" who is about three weeks younger than Scooter.


-  Yesterday, Myla and I went to LA Fitness to reactivate my gym membership.  On the way home, I went to Chic-Fil-A to get a cookies and cream milkshake.  True story.

-  Speaking of working out, in all of my blog stalking I came across this cookie I want to make.  I already forgot where I found it, but all you do is make peanut butter sandwiches out of Ritz crackers and coat them in that chocolate bark stuff.  Sounds simple and awesome!

-  I am new to babywearing, but starting to enjoy it.  I will have to admit, I was too scared to get a Moby Wrap, because I was fairly sure that I would never be able to get a baby tied to me like that without help even though they look so cozy in there.  Now Myla and I run errands kind of like this:
She's bigger now and sits more upright, but we go around town with the Balboa Ring Sling.  She loves it.  If she's screaming while I get her in there, sometimes I have to manhandle her legs so they bend, but after that, she's good to go.

-  Myla had her first manicure.  Yes, we left our kid with growing nails for almost 8 weeks.  We finally decided it was time to do something after she started scratching our necks everyday.  Who was in charge of nails?  You guessed it-- Dave.  He just used a file.  Maybe one day we'll be ballsy enough to whip out the clippers.

 
-  Sometimes when the Pooper is screaming at me, Dave takes her and she magically chills out and starts to watch tv with him.  Stinkin daddy's girl.
(By the way, until she grows into her hand-me-down diapers from our friend Erin, we are using regular prefold diapers under Thirsty wraps.  They have been working out pretty well so far.  No blowouts, but I still never put her in cloth overnight or take her out of the house in them.  Maybe one day).

-  Babies look so much sweeter when they're napping.  And yes, I know I'm going to smother her to death with all the things in her crib.  She has the Ipad in there because she is so tech savvy.  (Actually, it's playing some white noise).

- Here's one last picture for good measure:

2 comments:

  1. - Personally Love using bullets.
    - Moby was not hard after Mark and I spent over an 2 hours watching a YouTube video over and over and practicing with Lola's cabbage patch. Hmmm, worth it?
    - Use nail file as long as possible. I cut Selah's finger-tip twice since she has been born and we even have the kind with a magnifying glass attached.
    - Always add one more picture for good measure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE baby wearing AND LOVE cloth diapering! You definitely are hilarious, and Myla is adorable. Keep up the good work, mama!

    ReplyDelete