Monday, September 12, 2011

9 Months (a.k.a. How do I Freeze Time?)

Once again, I have another baby update that is probably only interesting to me.  And possibly to serve as proof to Myla later on in her angry teenage years that I really do love her.

We saw the doc for our "Well baby" checkup, and yippee, no shots this time!  By the way, I definitely recommend my pediatrician, Dr. McDavitt at Grand Parkway Pediatrics for peeps in the Sugar Land area.  Just don't judge her by the ugly tropical-themed carpet in the waiting area.

The stats: 
Height: 27 inches; 25-50th percentile
Weight: 16 pounds, 5 ounces; 10-25th percentile
Head: 17.5 inches; 50-75th percentile

Poor little big-head.  I finally bought some baby cereals to fatten Myla up, since her weight gained seemed to slow down a little. 

Some cute things Myla is doing right now:

  • Saying ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba (but "mama" seems to be the only word with meaning).
  • Crawling, pulling up, starting to scoot
  • When she's sleepy, she sticks her left fingers in her mouth and strokes her hair (or the hair of whoever is holding her) with her right hand.
  • Imitating you when you talk to her
  • The stank face (along with the weird darth vader breathing) Ex:
  • Acting like a mama's girl.  I might actually be the only one who thinks it's cute...
  • Eating lemons like it's nothing.
  • Eating everything else, too.
  • Dancing to music
  • Blowing raspberries
Some less cute things:
  • Throwing fits every time food is finished-- just like her daddy.
  • Occasionally acting like a crazy person when daddy is watching her, thus making him terrified of children...
Things she is still working on:
  • Using a sippy cup
  • Getting little pieces of food into her mouth by herself
  • Standing by herself

No comments:

Post a Comment