Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten on Tuesday Made me miss my Water Aerobics class. Bummer.

Head over here to link up! Questions provided by Tina at Best of Times.

1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company? I personally find Ikea to be terrifying.  It's like a labyrinth of Euro furniture, and sometimes I worry I won't make it out alive.

2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?  Hmm, I would say the great room.  Note: Our room really isn't that "great," but the living room/dining room/kitchen is all one big space that runs together.

3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?  Ha.  My first bed is the same twin bed I took with me during my final year in college.  My uncle now uses it in his assisted living facility.  The fake wooden bookcase that I covered in stickers is stashed in my parents' garage somewhere, and the teddy bear lamp is nowhere to be found.  Also, my boy band posters from middle school were finally removed when my room became the nursery for Myla and future grandbabies.  Yes, they totally have a nursery.  No, the baby doesn't live there.

4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?  Well, it seems that the basic rule of thumb in our house is that we don't get rid of anything.  But in rare cases where we do, we almost always donate.

5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
funky/eclectic
antique/shabby chic
modern/minimalist
so random and varied it’s undefinable

I have no idea.  I think the only home-type pin I have is this beautiful room that almost looks like a ski lodge.  I kind of like the wooden cabin and limestone feel.  I just like warm, inviting rooms that are maybe a little country.  Yet I have no decorating skills (or the budget) to make this actually happen.

6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
Right now, the living room is Myla's play space, and her favorite toys seem to be boxes that held the real toys.  She also likes those obnoxious musical toys and riding toys.

7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?  Mom and Dad, I love you, but I don't want any of your furniture. 

8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
  To date, I have only bought two pieces of furniture in my life: a chair from Craigslist (now the dog chair), and a bed.  I don't regret either of them!  Also, I don't know how to decorate, so maybe that is my real regret.

9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, ikea, Pottery Barn Kids?  Uhhh.  Can I switch it to Target?

10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?  In our situation, bunks or trundles.  Our kids keep multiplying, so eventually, we'll have to just stack 'em up.

No comments:

Post a Comment