Monday, December 22, 2014

Road Trip Pit Stop: An Excerpt

     As much as I mentioned how successful our trip was, I still think back and chuckle at some of the things that took place.  For example, here is the breakdown of a lunch stop at Chili's that we both considered a decent stop:


  • 11:00am: Arrive at Chili's.  Dave takes girls to get a table and place orders while I stay in the car to feed Jon David.
  • 11:20am: I take baby into the restaurant and stop by the table to set his car seat down.  I then head straight to the restroom to change him.  
  • 11:24am: Drop baby back off at table with Dave and head to the restroom so I can actually use it.
  • 11:25am: Food arrives.  Shove some soup and boneless buffalo wings into face while constantly replacing dropped pacifier.  Try to convince girls that the cinnamon apples taste good.
  • 11:30am: Dave has finished his salad, so I pass the baby across the table to him so he can have some time out of his car seat.
  • 11:35am: Take daughter to use restroom.  Stand there waiting for 10 minutes while she takes her sweet time pooping.
  • 11:45am: Take other daughter to restroom.  Just pee this time. Whew!  Use bathroom myself once more before hitting the road again.
  • 11:47am: Dave visits restroom one last time.
  • 11:49am: Do a quick diaper check, load back up, and hit the road.
     And that, my friends, is why we only do this once per year.

(No, this photo has nothing to do with the post).

No comments:

Post a Comment