There is one thing that hasn't changed, and it's this: I love my crock pot. The crock pot allows me to look for the things I value most in a recipe:
- Easiness
- Few ingredients
- Not having to use 15 different bowls/plates/pans
Check out the ingredient list: 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, 1 (1.25 ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix, juice of one lime, fresh cilantro, chicken
Check out the intructions: Cook in crock pot. Shred.
Amazing.
McCormick seasoning packets are my friends, but you could use real spices if you're a real cook. I used chicken thighs and fairly cheap salsa (big surprise), but if you use fancy salsa and lean chicken, this is a fairly healthy meal! Also, I have no pictures, so look at the one on the website, duh.
The verdict? I liked this meal! My parents ate it as well and seemed to enjoy it (unless they were just being nice)...We ate it on tacos with black beans, some fresh avocado, and cheese (obviously). I ate it for a few meals then froze the rest for another day. I thought this would be a big hit for Dave since the key to his heart is fresh cilantro. The man loves cilantro. His verdict?
"I guess I'm just not that excited about chicken tacos."
I can't think of anything more exiting than chicken tacos! (It doesn't take much for me, I know.) Whipping this up for Monday night feast. Thanks for the great recipe!
ReplyDelete~Ally
I would never lie to you, Baby, I really enjoyed the chicken tacos.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds outstanding!
ReplyDelete