Tuesday, October 11, 2011

101 Ten on Tuesdays

Questions for Tuesday, October 11, 2011!
Provided by Kristen at St. Monica’s Bridge!

Link up here.

All about Pasta (YES!!!)

1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?

White.  The higher the fat content, the more I like it.

2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?

I appreciate both equally.  But there's nothing like a good pasta twirl, with some possible slurpage afterward.

3. Baked or boiled?

Boiled.

4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?

Yes.  I'm cool with meat, but if I wasn't married to the biggest carnivore I know, then I would probably nix the meat in most pasta dishes.

5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?

This is a tough one.  I'm sure there are many more than this one, but I pretty much loved the mac-n-cheese at Max's Wine Dive in Houston.  Their tagline is "Fried chicken and champagne-- why the hell not?"  That pretty much sums up my taste in food.

6. What is your favorite pasta dish?

It would be cruel to name just one, but I would have to go with a classic like fettuccini alfredo or macaroni and cheese.

7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?

I don't usually make spaghetti with red sauce, but when I do, I usually use the butter, onion, tomato recipe.  OR, I use a lovely little packet of Tastefully Simple spices my cousin gave me and throw it in a cheap can or tomato sauce...  So, neither meat sauce nor balls.

8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?

Dave doesn't like whole wheat, so we we usually stick with regular spaghetti or the colorful spiral noodles.

9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?

Uh, tomato.

10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)

Ha!  I've never heard it put that way.  I don't make pasta too often, so I usually make a sauce, unless I've got the magic Tastefully Simple seasoning.  AND, Dave has made fun of me too many times for me to ever attempt to use the Philadelphia cooking cremes again.

2 comments: