Friday, October 7, 2011

"Partyin, Partyin, Yeah!"

  • I almost decided not to post because well, I can't think of much to say.  Also, I haven't taken any pictures recently!
  • My boo had her first ear infection a couple weeks ago.  We finished her yummy antibiotic a while back, and I finally made the follow-up appointment so that my mom and Dave won't be mad at me for being a bad mama.
  • My cousin asked me if I was throwing Myla a birthday party, and that's literally the first time it even occurred to me.  Most parents probably celebrate their child's first year of life, right???  I need to figure something out, stat. 
  • My in-laws are coming for a little visit next weekend.  Do you know what this means??  It means that I bought all the ingredients for my father-in-law to make meatloaf so Dave can have one night of happiness.
  • Like most Americans, I think it's sad that we lost Steve Jobs (even though I refuse to get an Iphone, ever).  I think it is sad that anyone so young should die of such a horrible disease.  But, I did think it was kind of funny to hear Tom Brokaw say, "In a secular way, he was kind of a spiritual leader."   Hmm, semantics.
  • Dave and I started streaming 30 Rock, and it's amazing.  I'm not really sure who has a bigger crush on Tina Fey at this point, Dave or myself.  We have yet to start a new drama series (since the Gilmore days ended).
  • My child growls at me.  I feed her a bite of food, and she does this ugly growl thing at me!  How do I get her to stop?  Seriously, how?  
  • I'm out.  But I should retell the only funny dialogue of the week I can remember:
This took place in the car:
Me: Why did you change the Rascal Flatts song?
Dave:  Why would I want to listen to that?
Me: Well, you put in on your playlist.
Dave:  See, Rascal Flatts is like Hoobastank.  If they happen to come on, cool, but I wouldn't choose to listen to their song...
Me:  I'm offended. Rascal Flatts is not like Hoobastank.

No comments:

Post a Comment