Height: 28.5 inches (25-50th %)
Weight: 18 lbs, 8 oz. (10-25th %)
Head Circumference: (50-75th %)
Cuteness: 100th % (still!)
If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then you're right: Her head size probably indicates that she's a baby genius.
Some words Scooter is using consistently:
- mama
- da (daddy)
- Mah (more)
- Pah (please)
- a-a-a-a-oh (uh-oh, but this one comes across like more of a coughing sound)
Also, since Myla is one year old, it was time for her to join in an old family tradition of ours. I say "old" because this tradition started with my dad. That's at least 50 years old! Anywho, when my dad (along with his brothers and cousin) turned a year old, Grandma took them to have a photo taken at a studio. In the photo, the kids stand there in cute little outfits holding a ball. My dad's cousin a.k.a. Punkin Doodle, was the only girl in the family. I'm pretty sure she could do no wrong. She wore a lovely little dress in her photo. When Kristen and I turned one, we were able to use the same dress and take our one-year pictures. But, in an unfortunate series of events, the dress was lost. I didn't want this to be a reason to stop the tradition, so I asked my mother-in-law to come to the rescue! She and Dave's aunt made a near replica of the dress using only an iphone photo of the photo of me hanging on my parents' wall.
Side story: When Dave was looking at the photo-of-a-photo of me, he said, "I wonder if taking a picture of another picture someone smashes the original photo..." and I looked over and replied, "No, I was just cross-eyed as a baby." Dave: "Oh! You were cross-eyed!" Good times.
This is my cross-eyed self, teetering since my mom was secretly behind me holding me up right until it was time to take the shot.
This is my Myla Grace. The ball? Didn't happen. It took Dave, two grandmas, a committed photographer, lots of puffs, peekaboo and an act of God to make the child take some halfway smiling pictures.
She still made it into the 100th percentile for cuteness, though. :)
*Note: Every time I typed "photo of a photo" in this post, all I can think of is "dream within a dream within a dream." Dang that Inception.

You have such a cute little miss! I cannot believe she is already 1! Wishing you guys such a wonderful adventure with your kiddo and soon to be two kiddos! Congrats mama:)
ReplyDelete