Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meal Plan Mayhem and other Random Facts

  • This week I was going to post my meal plan with a theme of "Ten-Dollar Dinners" (unashamedly stolen from the Melissa D'Arabian on Food Network). But then, I mentioned to Dave that I needed to double check to see how much grocery money I have left for the month.  His answer? "You have 15 dollars."  Uh, excuse me?  Turns out my lovely husband went out for a "couple things we needed" like "razors and chocolate syrup" and dropped about 50 bucks  Dadgum razors.  I may or may not have responded like this: "What?!  How did you spend fifty dollars?!  That's almost an entire week's food budget!  I shave with crappy Kroger razors!  You ruined my birthday.  We are not eating this week." 
  • Seriously, I only bought milk and bread.  We are eating from the freezer this week.  It's somewhat of a free-for-all, but we aren't starving.  Also, maybe my reaction was a teensy bit dramatic.
  • At our anniversary dinner, Dave got all serious and said, "I really think that after this baby we should wait a significant chunk of time before getting pregnant again."  To which I responded, "What do you mean, like a year?"  And he said, "Yea, like a year."  Our warped version of reality has caused my dear, sweet love to think that a whole year is a nice length of time for me to not be with child.  It is kind of hilarious.
  • Ladies of Sugar Land: I need a nail salon suggestion.  You see, the place I usually go whenever Mom gets the hankering to pay for my pedicure (read: a normal Sugar Land place) is apparently unacceptable.  Why, you might ask?  Well, Dave picked me up from there once and declared that the fumes are too strong.  He thinks our baby might turn into an alien or something if I spend time there.  Like the quiet-hearted, submissive kind of wife I long to be, I told him he was being ridiculous and acted really mad at him for an entire night.  But anyway, do you know of a nail place that doesn't smell, you know, like a nail place?
  • My sister and her fiancee set a wedding date, and I'm so excited to be the matron of honor!  On the day of the wedding, I will officially be one week more pregnant than I was in this photo. (I stopped taking photos last time around 35 weeks, because it occurred to me that it really wasn't cute anymore). Needless to say, I will only be purchasing photos of the bride and groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment