Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

I just realized that I have forgotten to link up the last handful of times I have done these things.  Whoopsies.  Don't be like me-- click here to link up!

1. What did you get for Christmas?
     I got way too many things!  Besides all the awesome stocking stuffers and various clothing items that I picked out with my mom and she wrapped up for Christmas, I got some gift cards, TOMS, a TomTom (coincidence), a Vera Bradley backpack, y mas.  See?  Spoiled.

2. Have you taken down your Christmas decorations?
   Yes.  Well, no.  We never put them up.  My sweet friend, Julie, actually gave me a box of hand-me-down decorations after I explained to her that Dave is a non-decorating Scrooge, so there is still a random snowman standing in the corner by our front door.  That is as far as we got this year, though.

3. What did you do for New Years Eve?
     We hung out at a craaaazy party with some friends.  By crazy party I mean a few couples with kiddos who mostly left by 9pm.  It was definitely my kind of scene.  I had a great time.  Did I mention there was queso?  I woke up to ring in the new year because of the hoodlums across the street setting off fireworks that terrified our dog.

4. Do you like accents?
     Sure.

5. What kind of television do you have?
    We have a 42-inch flat screen Hitachi, but my in-laws keep saying they'll buy us cable and another tv so we'll stop getting pregnant all the time.

6. Did you make any changes at the beginning of 2012?
     Hmm, not really.  Much like everyone else in America, I'm hoping to make visiting the gym a regular thing again.

7. What’s the last book you read and do you recommend it?
    I am currently reading Tina Fey's Bossypants, and it's pretty funny.  I'd recommend it as a light read.  The last thing I finished was the Karen Kingsbury Redemption series.  It was definitely addicting, but a little too much drama I think.  If Christian Soap Operas existed, this would classify as one.

8. Do you stay current on celebrity gossip?
     Unfortunately, yes.  But I would like to put out there that I am a reformed Perez Hilton reader.  I quit cold turkey a few years ago.  Now I only hit up the light stuff like People.com.

9. Do you know the words to Bohemian Rhapsody? Gangstas Paradise? Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
    Fresh Prince, yes.  As far as the others, I know a fair amount, but in reality, I'm probably only singing made-up words to Bohemian Rhapsody.  Who can even understand what they're saying?

10. What is your favorite education television show?
    Do cooking shows count?  When we had cable, Food Network shows or random baby shows would have been my favorites (although I'm still not much of a chef)..  Now, I frequently overhear all the boring stuff Dave watches like How It's Made, Carbon Nation, Prototype This, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, How It's Made is the worst! Mark watches it at night right before bed, so I always fall asleep quickly! Also, hate to admit it but I know the words to all three of the above listed songs. I can rap a mean Gangstas Paradise.
    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete