Yesterday I started thinking about how Myla will start to talk soon. When I was growing up, talking and singing started around the same time. I know that kids repeat everything they hear, and I tend to learn song lyrics pretty quickly. So I figured I might have to stop listening to pop radio stations and move back to the music I grew up with-- God's music: country music. When I changed the radio station to country, I heard the lyrical gem "Country Girl Shake it for Me." What is a radio-loving mother to do?! I can't raise my child this way! The classic "Oceanfront Property in Arizona" partially made up for it a little later, but I'm still torn. The Christian radio station doesn't have very good reception out here, and I refuse to spend several years listening to Kidsongz (yes, with a "Z." It seems like something that probably exists).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My sister told me that toward the end of my pregnancy her boyfriend started to wonder if he should lay a towel down on the brand-new furniture in his brand-new house just in case my water broke. I thought it was hilarious. The other night at dinner, I brought it up:
Me: So, Kristen told me you were worried my water would break on your couch!
Alan: Yea, but you know, if that really would have happened, I think it probably would have come out pretty well.
Dave: What, you have a lot of experience with ambiotic fluid??
Me: Ambiotic fluid?!?!
Dave: Isn't that what it's called?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davers is about to have a birthday, and he isn't huge on celebrating the day of his birth. Basically, I don't ever get him a big present, but occasionally will find something small he might like. This year, I toyed around with the idea of getting him a funny tech-nerd shirt, so I hit up this website: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/itdepartment. As it turns out, I didn't understand any of the shirts, so I felt ill-equipped to purchase one. Oh well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I have some great news! Mi hermana de otra madre is pregs! Latane is tall, skinny, and beautiful, so she is obviously going to make the most gorgeous pregnant lady ever. And I get to be an honorary auntie! It's so much fun to rejoice with someone having a baby and not having to worry "What am I going to do with a baby?!" (like I did when I was pregnant).
Hm, maybe you can just listen to lots of Brad Paisley? Where the Green Grass Grows would be good too.
ReplyDelete