Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's Still Tuesday (for a few more hours)

Link up with Mr. Linky here.

Provided by Lisa at Lisa’s Yarns.

1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t'?
     I pronounce the word aunt: "ant."  The only time I use the other pronunciation is when I'm using my silly dog/baby voice and referring to my sister as "auntie" to either the dog or the baby... That's not awkward at all.

2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
     All 5 of my readers know that I blog, so that's a lot of people in my life...  I just recently started posting a link to facebook.  I guess I'll say that most of the internet-active people know that I blog.  

3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
     I will use the classic "I have a baby and bringing my own bags is just one more thing I have to haul into the store" excuse. Also, I'm not a hugely green person. We constantly use our leftover grocery plastic bags for lunches, dirty diapers, etc.  In addition, do people wash their reusable bags?  Is there salmonella lurking in them?  I'm just picking at things now, because I'm not a germaphobe either.  I have no good excuse for using the plastic bags.  Oh, and yes, bag them for me, please.  See this baby strapped to me?  I can barely find the keys in my purse.  How can I be expected to adequately bag my own groceries?

4. Do you have a green thumb?
    No.

5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
     Hmm, I guess Ina Garten.  When it comes down to it though, I always think her themes are weird.  Why is it always, "My fabulous friend Henry wrote a biography on Joe Blow, so I'm making a dinner that pays homage to Joe Blow's dinner parties back in 1925?"  I only care about the lasagna, Ina.  But whatever.

6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
     I take baths at least 3 times a week.  I took them every night when I was pregnant.  Mainly, I fill the tub with scalding water and sit in it for five minutes until my skin is red and/or I'm about to pass out, then I get out.  I don't read or anything.  I know that probably isn't a safe practice. 

7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
     a light sage green

8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
     It depends on the place.  In the Houston area, indoors.  In places with scenery and a nice breeze, outside.  If I'm with Dave anywhere that could potentially have flies, indoors.  Dave is so distracting when he is swatting flies away at the table. 

9. Describe your ideal weather.
    Sunny and in the seventies.

10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
    I already chose to learn Spanish.  Then, I learned it halfway, practiced in some places, and forgot most of it.  Que lastima.

No comments:

Post a Comment